Today, I wanted to discuss with you some of the top benefits when choosing impact windows as window replacements for your home in Fort Lauderdale. You’ll also discover some helpful decision-making guidelines you need to consider if you want to make your house safer from hurricanes.
- Energy Efficiency – With today’s economy, we all try to do anything we can that will help to reduce any of our monthly household expenses such as our residential energy bill. The problem with existing standard windows is that they allow heat or cold to pass through them easily with little resistance, which makes it hard for your home to maintain the desired temperature. Now this is not the case when it comes to impact windows, which actually help to properly insulate your home so the transfer of heat and cold between the outer environment and the inner environment is controlled and as a result you will see a reduction on your electric bill.
- 24-Hours Protection All Year Long – If you currently installed hurricane windows and panels, then you know how tedious the work is during the installation, removing them is not easy as well. And this is not the only problem with these type of replacement windows; these storm windows and panels only offer temporary protection and does not help against burglary or high velocity winds. Impact resistant windows on the other hand provide your household around the clock protection
- Outside Noise Reduction – If you live close to an airport or busy a highway in the cities of Broward County then reducing the amount of noise that enters your house is a good reason why you need to install impact windows. High impact resistant windows will provide noise reduction in your home, making it a lot more peaceful while at the same time offering hurricane protection.
- Ultraviolet Protection – The presence of the harmful UV rays and choosing to be protected against it by certain types of window replacements will be a great option for home improvement. Quality hurricane windows will prevent 99% of these harmful rays from entering your home so that your furniture or flooring will not get damaged.
- Homeowners Insurance Discounts – Impact windows are considered to be a protective device for a home, so as a result, homeowners can see up to a 50% reduction in their existing insurance premiums.
Why Impact Resistant Windows Are The Best Form Of Hurricane Protection
Even though the predictions of hurricanes can be sometimes off by the news and weather channels in Florida, it is still important to pay attention to the advice from your federal, state and local authorities. If you are still taping up your windows as a form of hurricane protection, you are really putting yourself and your family at risk, because duct tape or any other tape for that matter will not prevent damage and cannot ensure the safety of your household.
The taping of windows is actually a myth that several government agencies have tried to educate the residential communities about. Educating the community about hurricanes is important, as many homeowners don’t understand that these weather systems can bring about fast and huge changes in pressure. This could happen if your standard residential window is hit by flying debris. On the other hand, window installations done by Impact Windows Fort Lauderdale were tested to stand against the impact of airborne debris. Unlike traditional replacement windows or regular sliding glass doors their installations are built to withstand this kind of strong impact.
Call Hurricane Window Replacement Experts Today 954-256-1055! https://t.co/VVS5FmctxX
— Paul Williams (@impactwindowsft) August 24, 2016
Building codes in the state have adopted stronger impact resistance safety standards and as a result new homes or commercial buildings are installing storm windows all over the county. As these impact glass windows can stand up to the debris that travels at hundreds of miles per hour. Before these hurricane windows can be certified as impact resistant, they must undergo testing where they are struck by smile missile, a piece of board or steel ball bearings. Impact glass has to be able to withstand over 9000 cycles of repeated tests.
Another benefit of hurricane replacement windows that most people don’t even think about is that they can increase the value of their home by installing these impact window replacements and doors. Protect your assets and the ones you love with storm windows and doors that are made by some of the top manufacturers, like Andersen, CGI, JELD-WEN and PGT.
The number one reason homeowners invest in impact windows and doors is to protect their family and belongings from the destruction that could be caused by a tropical storm. Residential homes with storm windows installed are safer from hurricanes. The number two reason that most homeowner buy and install these windows in their homes is because they know they could actually see some type of return on their investment. Unlike other home improvement projects impact resistant doors and windows can actually put back money in consumers’ pockets and with today’s economy, this is a big motivator for a lot of consumers.
The money that consumers can save on their cooling and heating bills is also a top motivator for homeowners. If you are living in South Florida then it will be more expensive for your cooling bills and any means for being able to save on electricity can mean a lot. Eventually, over time, installing these impact resistant windows on your home will pay with the savings you’ll get. You may not hear about it a lot, but these high impact windows have a lot of hidden savings feature that most people don’t talk about. Just imagine the savings that a homeowner will gain once his property will be saved in the event of a hurricane. Ingenious right?
To summarize, impact windows and doors do a lot more than just protecting your home and family in Fort Lauderdale, FL from hurricane force winds, they also provide around the clock protection, insurance discounts, ultraviolet protection, reduced electric bills and noise reduction. Interested homeowner can always contact the nearest window installation company for quotations.
The Window Experts
745 North Andrews Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL. 33311